Take a look into what I see

Monday, August 16, 2004

ouch

remind me why i'm playing soccer again?

sike. it's the first day of tryouts. my free time is vanishing before my eyes and my sore legs that don't feel like going shopping or doing much of anything.

drink a toast to summer, (nonalcoholic toast.. maybe?) while it's still around. cause baby, it's still around. for some people atleast.


and now... for the timed mile, and next, for the timed 2 mile. I always hate times and distances. you get these numbers that are supposed to measure your abilities. freaking swimmers in the olympics lose by .06 of a second. Maybe i'd like times and distances if i worked better with them. But i'm very inconsistant. So for the sake of the world that loves times and numbers and scores, i'll let you know the second i cross the finish line. Just so you can relate it back to the knowledge of what a good mile is. standards, grades, times of the freaking mile- i loved not having you around this summer.

but watch, 2 weeks into the season, and i'll be secretly looking down on girls who couldn't run as fast as i could--- or if i'm real bad, looking down on myself (how is that possible, look down.. on yourself). I'd like for the numbers not to matter. I really would. but then too much else starts to lose the purpose. So i'll roll with it for a while. for the love of the game. i'll do what i can, we'll leave it at that.


peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home