Take a look into what I see

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

community affair

i was at pepperjack's talking to andrew about my church the other day.. don't remember how it came up in conversation, i believe it was because we were talking about my sisters wedding. in any case... he was asking if the church belonged to my dad, like if my dad could call the shots on what went on there. and i was like... well not really because this building was really purchased by so many different people's donation in the community of the church, and theres a team of ppl thats made rules and things like that.

that church cost like... 2 million dollars to buy and build, at least... considering the 63 acres of land and all that. and the money was raised by a whole bunch of people willing to support the fund. pretty amazing.

now.. the forever discussed topic on my blog, my CD is basically hours away from being complete. and as much as this is "my" accomplishment... it's really not just mine, and i'd like to establish that mindset before it even "comes out"... because i've asked for so many people's pre-purchases, and had supportive people carry around those blue cards to pass out to friends of friends of friends (or just random people on the boardwalk), and have been given generous donations, tip jar money, not to mention the boosting encouragement that gets me through every rut in the CD making process, and hours spent in the studio with Nuc, my dad, and rach (who also spent 3 hours, 12am-3am, figuring out harmonies before our 11am-4pm studio session... that's commitment!). SO MANY PEOPLE, and I really feel that this CD is not just MY lovely accomplishment. It's our accomplishment.

This is why I'm having a CD release party! To include you in our accomplishment and celebrate with a wonderful concert in Jen's back yard, together. I have to make one more big decision about whether or not to master the CD which will cost roughly 450-500 bucks (about as much as recording it costs!). Regardless, it will all be complete and pretty and available at the CD release party July 30th in Silver Spring! Mark your calender, if you own one... and if you don't, write it down:

Jodi McLaren CD Release July 30th (must go especially to see Daniel Lee and The Making)


got that written down? Good. can't wait to celebrate our accomplishment.

Jodi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home