Take a look into what I see

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

redemption vs acknowldegment

i was chillin at rach's the other night and she was saying how no movies end with the hero dying... but in life the hero dies. and it's interestingly true-- while movies openly expose inner organs, blood, guns, nude bodies having sex, drugs, guns, knives, (insert more things you wouldn't want your kids seeing), there's most-often times a good guy, and he or she usually makes it out of whatever just fine and well.. the problem gets resolved, it's as if nothing bad ever happened.


the whole movie is just waiting for the character to be redeemed out of some bad situation. I was thinking of this again when I thought of this awesome book I read a while ago called "blue like jazz," I never did finish the sequal though, it seemed like all the questioning and doubt happened in the first book... and it did have a sort of tidy ending, and the second book, while i should finish reading it before i even judge, is more about reconstructing, rebuilding, fixing it all back up. And it started feeling cheesy to me... and if things feel phoney to me then i have trouble continuing with them.

I have finally began reading my dads book, the last word and the word after that, and it's been really great. no phoniness about it, good job dad.

i think theres an urgency in our culture to fix, and fix fast, and redeem, and make better, so much that problems get brushed under the rug, when problems are so important to deal with... just as laughter and smiles are a part of life, so is doubt and fear and sadness. I'm not saying one should beat out the other, I'm not saying that at all... and that's the strange thing, because most people want good to win, but that's not even the battle, we shouldnt be fighting to have an easy life... or i can't assume that of other poeple, but i myself will not make decisions in order to make my life uninvolved and simple, while this may be an impossible goal, it's not one i even want to attain. i want all of it, all of the ups, all of the downs, and the ability to keep going, to be changed, to be in transition, and for that to be okay with the world.


redemption can't occur without acknowledgment... and without proper due time.

now that the blog is done i'm thinking of a few movies where the "hero" dies... titanic, american beauty... and donald miller is still cool in my book, some answers just don't work for me cause i need to write my own book, live my own journey. and i will. in due time.


Jo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home