Take a look into what I see

Monday, December 13, 2004

in place of english class..

i'm stayin home from school today. So far with my day off I have: slept in, applied to belmont university, applied to north park university.. and once my dad gets home I plan to finish up and send in the rest of my college apps: reed, lewis and clark, denison, emory, and tufts!

feels good to be getting all this stuff out of the way... I feel a little bad now cause I could've made it to my last 2 classes but I didn't have a note and my parents are out, so I started workin on CD covers and such with pictures I took in photography.

i'm listening to the spill canvas. They remind me of dashboard, except a little less exciting, a little more depressing. Seems like by the time you're finished listening to this CD you either wanna cry or cut yourself. the lead singer just sings in such a helpless way. gotta like brace yourself for this CD. The guitar is sweet though, all acoustic and quite intricate. here let me show you how ridiculously depressing these guys can be: "now just do as you're instructed and take this razor and cut your palms, i'll do the same until a river of crimson begins to flow.. a funeral for my once loved youth"

wayy too intense! when they play at the barn i think i'm just gonna give the lead singer a hug and say "everything will be just fine mister!" :)

they do have some good messages in their songs like "the tide" .. "heaven's not a place that you go when you die, its that moment in life when you actually feel alive, so live for the moment, and take this advice.. loves completely real"
the show this wednesay is gonna be sweet, www.settleformore.tk, for the info on the show.


I was reading over some stuff i've written lately, working on possible new songs..

here's something in regards to going away to college:

"Raindrops"

The fear in our eyes
Checks in with a glance
Raindrops from the sky
Inevitably touching new ground

Begging for a reason
More hopeful for the chance
That this will work out right
We’re taking flight from a cloud

Exhilarating isn’t it? This untouched sky
Melting over timelines blurred in flurries
Over time
I see the ground now but it’s far
We’ll just forget
We’ll just pretend it’s never coming
Because by then we’ll be so different

By then this will have changed

I am flying now

Reach over time

I’m trying now

Keep your heals dug tight

I’m crying now

But you’re still here
I see it clear, and far
Away.
Hello today.



see if you can get how it all relates,

peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home