Take a look into what I see

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

what next...

so yeah, news is in, kerry's out, we're still in war and over 100,000 iraqis have been killed... and americans are arguing bitterly while so much is really going on in a world beyond us. I've heard enough of both sides frankly. I mean damnit.. people get so focused on trying to defend one person they end up agreeing with the most terrible things. We all need to think for ourselves at the end of the day. As sad as i am about this election, the fact that 50 million other people are sad, that 50 million people want change, that 50 million people would love to have some peace-- that's hope right there. for all you passionate people out there who cried at some point today, I respect you, because you care. And the world isn't going to end, and our lives don't HAVE to be majorly effected by this election, but the fact that people are involved and that even though not all of us are even voting age but we still become educated about shit, like thats really cool.

At one point after a long back-and-forth-getting-no-where conversation in youth group basically bashing both sides... i finally just spoke up with an honest concern. I care about our country and the world, and poor people, and education... I dont know if Kerry could've fixed it all, and Bush can't fix it all either, but it scares me sometimes and just seeing how divided everyone is kind of scares me. All the arguing just goes in circles really, what I hope it comes down to is people realizing both sides and that there are problems in the world. Once you see that, it's kind of overwhelming cause theres a shitload of problems. It's enough to weigh on a person. Once you care you can't really go back to not caring either cause its so real, but caring aint no crime! I'm glad people do. I don't want to think the way I do because it's "democrat" cause even within that theres problems.

Break the barriers down and really see things for what they are, as often as you can. And let me know if there's any war protests happening, I got a heart man, and it can listen, but it will never be silenced.


Jodi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home