Take a look into what I see

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

my vote don't count

Its election day, and I'm 17.... VOTE FOR KERRY. I got in a few arguments over politics in school yesterday, i get so pissed off too. So really what's a girl to do? I don't reallly know. I was pretty convinced I was going to go door to door today telling people to vote or something, but then my focus completely changed to something much more hopeful. any guesses?


picked up my guitar and went to the barn. nuc set up a little station in his office with a G5 Mac (really really fast computer) and an Mbox. And I recorded-- ALL AFTERNOON. From 2-7. I worked a long time on Without Knowing, and then kind of got tired of hearing and recording the same thing, and decided to do scratch tracks of a bunch of songs; which basically means i recorded the song one time through with vocals and guitar. I recorded 5 songs yesterday! The quality isn't so bad either.. i need to mess with volumes a little bit and fix a few things that drive me crazy every time i hear it! But i really get happy when i record, it's like i do all this work and i perform all the time.. and then once its recorded I can sit back and evaluate.

After staying in that room by myself singing my heart out until it was dark and the room was lit by the computer screen (the lightswitches were outside of the room, and i was busy), nuc came back with his band (Forget Reason) for their rehersal. Kevin (member of Forget Reason) said I should go see them play this friday, and then just like that he says "hey you should open for us!" So the place already has an opening act lined up.. but i'm gonna go up and play 2 songs before Forget Reason anyway! I'll post some more information but it seems like around 8 o clock in college park at some church off route 193, come if you can! Maybe we'll have a little celebration afterwards at someones house, cause I feel like I'm getting somewhere in the music world. and if thats just a facade then damnit i'll be fooled cause you gotta live each day in each day. The future has got its place.


Today, you're living in election day, if you're 18, I hope you're voting! (Hoping for a miracle with Kerry)




Jodi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home