Take a look into what I see

Monday, April 11, 2005

"and i need a jump staaart"

i've had the song "jump start" by kate morrissey stuck in my head all afternoon. I was literally humming and singing it out loud when i drove the mazda over to the car shop today... and while my mom took me back home in the kia. So my mom dropped me off at home, and went out to get groceries, but needed gas.. so went there first.


i get a phone call, and it turns out, the Kia wouldn't start- it broke down. So i drove over there to get my mom and try to push the kia with my own man-power... then some mexican guys helped there... but we didnt have any jumper cables. so i do what i always do when my car breaks down... call mike! and mike graciously dropped his house-cleaning or tv-watching to save my mom and i. even more luckily, these guys that work as car repair ppl who are in highschool just happened to be at highs. they hooked up two sets of jumper cables to finally JUMP START the kia.

to finish off the eventful evening, mike and i went to get rita's, my mom even gave me money cause she felt bad that mike drove out. and i got to sit in mike's car and catch up on his life and talk about things i didnt know i needed to talk about. and i was totally reminded of why mike and i will forever be friends.

it's the same thing with rach and kathleen... just irreplacable friendships i don't see ever fading. today i was supposed to start working on my display board for mentor.. but i ended up making this slideshow type of a thing in powerpoint... just about having awesome friends. i guess thats a little strange or cheesy, maybe both, but uhh, i think it kicks ass! if i figure out how to put it in imovie with some music, that'll be cool, other ppl can enjoy it. see i like having this mac cause i can express myself in new ways.. the powerpoint thing is basically pictures with text, all pictures i took, and obviously text i thought to write. thats sweet to be able to do.


well i should sleep now, but... i'm glad my moms car broke down, cause i felt like a fortune teller for singing that song all day, andd i got to hang out with mike and eat rita's. and tomorrow my recording session got cancelled at the studio- but i think thats a sign that i should try to do this display board tomorrow and get it turned in on time! pretty crazy how things happen. school is rough to try to keep up with, but i'm trying at least.


peace out homies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home