Take a look into what I see

Sunday, June 19, 2005

west coast

i was driving today.. when i realized that if i had the money i'd go drive up the west coast and play shows/boardwalks wherever possible, and try to make enough friends to have a shower every couple of nights.


i've had all this internal weirdness and struggle lately (see previous blog), and there's this sense of "what am i DOING?" and this feeling that i want to do a whole lot, and i need to do a whole lot. and today was an enormous help. i watched part of the andy goldsworthy movie on his art that is so freaking amazing. i'm so glad jen bought this dvd for my dad cause it was the perfect thing to watch this morning before walking to work. he created art out of nature and allowed for tides to wash up and disperse of different things he'd created. it was so cool because it spoke so much to life and change and disappointment and growth.


i met with daniel anderson tonight, my website and cd designer, and he completely surprised me after our photo shoot 2 days ago with 3 different distinct awesome cd designs, one of which i particularly loved! this was great because i've been in a slump and to have him working for me and doing such a great job and actually caring about the design and making sure it's what i want.. it's just a great support and it takes a lot of weight off of me and gives me room to focus on my recording, which is awesome. more than all that, something about seeing the cd covers he made gave me a little inspiration to keep pushing forward, it was like.. someone elses interpretation of me allowing me to make more space for myself to see this project in new ways.


so.. i still need to find a way to do some amazing things this summer. if you have some options, let me know.

PS- jacob's blog is so great.. go to it right now! www.thesebricksarefake.blogspot.com. he puts into words what it's like growing up in the cloud of christianity as a keen/sincere/concerned individual.


for now... i must stay energized about my cd! if all goes well i'll be done in 2 weeks! next recording session is tuesday. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home