Take a look into what I see

Sunday, September 11, 2005

weekend trips and coming "home"

After 3 days of no shower and below freezing temperatures and rain and yes, eventually sunshine and a beautiful day on Waldo Lake, I felt soo happy to be back at my dorm, with a warm bed awaiting me, and a warm shower, and warm clothes, and warm... okay you get the idea (it was COLD this weekend!!). I felt happy to see my floor-mates, I felt happy to have toilets that flush and our showers with little shower curtains that barely cover the shower area!

Then I wanted to catch up! So I asked like 2 ppl how their weekend was. But thennn I realllly wanted to catch up, like how was Mike and Kat and Rach's weekend? How was my family's weekend? How are things back in THAT home?

This home on campus in Portland is providing me with the essentials to live comfortably and the opportunity to do a lot more than live comfortably (i.e- meet tons of cool ppl, get to know people, work at the co-op, play frisbee, learn, read, write, look at stars, play music...). My real home provides me with more love than I've ever experienced, or all the full love that i have experienced, people who know me deeply, and how rach said in her blog "make day to day living soo meaningful" (not a direct quote). Both sound pretty good, right?

And they are both really good. So I'm in a good position. A good position that sort of brings tears to my eyes at times.

Its funny to think of the things I miss and how they can't be just re-created with any person... Like it can physically be re-created, but the dynamics all change. playing my music for ppl here is so different from playing my music back home, and theres a million other things i've yet to experience out here that won't quite have the same feel as they do back home.

I'm happy to be here though. I just can't or wouldnt dare to forget how beautiful my home is, and how nice it would be to experience it again whenever I wanted.

paper writing for inventing america calls me off... letter writing has begun though, this should be fun. mike already made my day with the package he sent, snail mail is the wayy to go.

lots of love, so much that i don't know where to go with it!

Jodi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home