Take a look into what I see

Saturday, October 16, 2004

rock on

wow, i just got home a little while ago from the amazing ROCK THE BARN concert. we sold over 100 tickets (many many thanks to Theres Always Forever and the planning help!). I've been sick all week, including today, but i feel really great about the whole night. The barn hasn't seen an event this big in a long time! This means we'll be having many many more shows in the future... So i will let everyone know when the next one shall be!

i played some new songs tonight, had a really good time up there too! I mean, i've been stressed the past 2 days, and not able to practice much with this whole sickness the past week... so i had no clue what to expect, but there was just a vibe about tonight, like the second ppl started showing up, i was wide awake and ready to go. I'm feeling more comfortable wtih my voice too... like experimenting all types of bold things with HIGH notes, and its fun, and ppl like it!

i'm so glad for outlets like music. I mean not only is it an outlet, but its like this crazy connector, drawing lines to people in the audience. I mean people i may not have even looked at during the performance (which was probably a lot cuz my eyes were closed a lot this time!), but even those ppl could be effected somehow, and like thats just amazing. You'd think you atleast have to meet someone to do some good in their life, and like thats true with lots of things, but music even conquers that feat. I just love it.

not only was the night great, but the future is looking great too, thanks to the money we made tonight, we're gonna be able to do some great things for the kids in guatemala. There's a few possible places that the money will go... the fact is- there is money and its going to make a difference! what a great time.

if you came, i hope you liked it! If you didn't come, come next time! I will be working on recording stuff, no doubt. Hope you all are excited about some more events and love music almost as much as i do :)


i was kind of thinking about when i first started this thing with music and writing... i mean i was embarrassed of what i wrote for a while! i think we all go through some time thats just very... insecure and like we need ppl right there assuring us that we're cool people. I guess i'm saying i'm real glad that time is over, because i'm so comfortable now, and like genuinely happy with myself. no boyfriend, no record deal, buts its not always about that, its about life and loving it, and learning from all those insecurities and becoming someone you can look at in the mirror and smile at. hopefully thats not too weird-sounding to practice, i guess it all goes to say, i'm comfortable being me, because i'm actually able to express myself in an honest way, its a beautiful thing.

thanks again for makin my night!


time for sleep...

Jodi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home