Take a look into what I see

Thursday, September 09, 2004

talk about adding sunshine to the day

awww i just got an email from a member of the family we stayed with in burundi. He records music in burundi! (how cool is that?) and he taught me a few songs while i was there... here's the email:

Dear Jodi,

I greet you in the name of Jesus Christ. How are you. I think that you just remember me. I am Augustin Nikondeha from Burundi and I miss you so much. How is the family? Ihope that they are ok. Do you still remembering the kirundi songs I taught you and your daddy? I'd like just to ktell you how we are. And I hope also that you will write me sot hat we can keep contact. May Good bless you and your family.



if traveling to a country isn't an awesome enough experience, getting to know people is even more amazing. smiles shared in another country are way more than any conversation could translate into. a lot of me just learned to grow up when i was in africa, i saw the initiative everyone i met took to have a conversation with me in the little english they knew. there is so much to admire about human beings around the world. We're all more connected than we think, or atleast we all can be more connected.

as much as there are lots of things that can really get me down... (which i'd rather not even write about right now but lets just say school-related stuff from today), i go to work, do what i can, and find time for what's important, and that seems to be more than enough to outweigh my frustrations. i'm just thankful for that little email. thankful that people in the 3rd poorest country in the world can enter my life in small sweet ways.


now... if only i could just sit down and study for math/spanish/english. one last night of drudging through homework before the weekend! got it in the bag...


later


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home