Take a look into what I see

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

oh to sing the day awayy

from a girl who likes jamie cullum, and the circumstances of the weather, i recommend listening to his version of "singin in the rain"... and actually singing along. that song has so much more POWER when its raining outside! :)

Today i learned the basics of this recording program on a mac computer. Tell me whyy i recorded TWO songs by myself! it's really awesome actually. and i got the whole barn to myself to blast the jams on the speakers and everything. i had a great time with that. Nuc (his name is Nucleo "like the bomb") taught me some things and then had to go to some meetings. You all must here the new songs i've been writing, all will be ready, and maybe even recorded on october 15th, for the concert in the barn. I have my own little time slot, and 4 great bands to share the spotlight and the rest of the night with.

It WAS gonna be free. But Nuc and I decided we could use the event to help these kids out in Guatemala who need their roof to be fixed in the school. I went to visit that school in Patzun, Guatemala the summer of my freshmen year. Those kids were SO COOL. I'm not even kidding, like i just remember walking into the school yard (its outside, with classrooms kind of walling it in) and hearing 200 hundred kids screaming and playing basketball and soccer and having the most fun i think i've ever seen little kids have. We were no interuption to their fun either. A big group formed around my mom as she pulled different objects out of her purse and said what they were in english, and repeated what the kids said they were in spanish. (and the way my moms purse is.. that game could have gone on all day). And I tried to play some bball with them, and we learned little childrens songs in spanish, ah such a great time.

Anyway back to that coffee house. It's those cool kids we'll be helping out by charging $5 admission to this incredible show! They're school roof straight up collapsed, they need some h-e-l-p. Aside from the money-cash, I'd love to see people come out and enjoy the night with me.


Some cool concerts coming up:
death cab for cutie - oct 23(would be going if it wasnt the same night as homecoming)
jamie cullum! - oct 24
taking back sunday- nov 23.
incubus.. i forget when, at merriweather soon.

My brains totally on the music wavelength right about now, but i'm gonna head out. OCTOBER 15TH 7:00 - write it down! :) love you all

Jodi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home